Finding a New Home when You're Busy, Busy, Busy!
3 July 2021
Imagine you have a major project at work, you have to deal with home schooling and you still need to deal with groceries, laundry and dinner. Whoa! That's a busy life.
Can you still find and buy a new home with such a tight schedule? The good news is, you can. In fact, there's plenty you can do to save time.
Consider these tips:
- Get specific about the home you want to buy. Think about property type (for example, "two story, detached"), number of bedrooms and bathrooms, special features, etc.
- Target areas you'd like to live in. That will avoid trips to see listings in areas that aren't a good fit for you.
- Get the financing arranged. You'll be able to shop for a new home with more confidence when you have a pre-arranged mortgage. It will also make your offers stronger.
- Make seeing homes a priority by putting it on your schedule. Look at pictures and watch virtual tours carefully to help narrow down the number of homes you need to visit. Try to block time on the weekend, and ideally one or two evenings a week, to view homes without other distractions.
- Get all the information you need when viewing a property. Take notes. Ask questions. Thoroughly explore the home, yard, and neighbourhood. Get enough information to make a decision without needing to see the home a second time.
While these time-saving tips can help, the best way to find a home on a busy schedule is to work with a good real estate agent.
Want more advice on buying your next dream home?
Chat with LU today!